Application period: April 1st - May 25th, 2018
Implementation period: September 2018- March 2019
Target: Elementary､Secondary､High Schools and College
Number of acceptance: 100 schools/classes
How to apply: Submit Application Form to JAM by email.
- a form of original WORD data
- a form with a signature of the principal
(WORD, PDF or JGP) by email
Send to: Japan Art Mile
To participate in IIME, you need to meet the following condition.
1. You can access internet at school.
2. Contact teachers can communicate in English.
3. Registration fee is free and you don't have to buy a canvas and paints
because Japanese schools buy the materials including yours.
You have only to pay for shipping cost of sending a completed mural
back to your partner school in Japan by EMS (Express Mail Service) or
in an alternative way with tracking
In participating in IIME porject, you are required the following requirements.
(1) Description of project: International Intercultural Mural Exchange is a project not for just painting but for international collaborative learning with emphasis on
interaction. The students interactively learn on a global theme with the partners and deepen their views on the theme using online forum. They unite the both views into a message to convey
to the world, and then express the message into a mural by drawing half by half. Mural size is 1.6m by 3.5m.
(2) Schedule of the project: The first thing to do after you get your partner is to make a common schedule with your partner, referring to Curriculum Model which JAM offers. And follow the common schedule throughout the project.
(3) Online Forum for interactive communication: Make the best of IIME online forum JAM provides as an interactive communication tool. Communication language is
(4) Check emails once a week: Make sure to check the forum and emails at least once a week. JAM sends important information regularly. Keep in contact with your partner and JAM throughout the project.
(5) Cost: Please realize that your Japanese partner school pay for the materials of a canvas and two sets of paints including yours. Your partner will send you a half painted mural with the paints. You have only to pay for shipping cost to send a completed mural back to your partner. Make sure to get the budget for the shipping cost beforehand.
<Attention> Please be responsible for the duties and local taxes in receiving, if any.
(6) Notes in shipping: Make sure to send the mural by EMS (Express Mail Service with online tracking service) at the post office, which is fast and not expensive. If EMS is not available in your place, please take an alternative way with online tracking service like DHL, Fedex or UPS. The mural weighs 2.5kg. Never send it by slow air or by ship!
(7) Reports: Submit all the reports before each deadline; 5 progressive reports online and the final report and questionnaire by email.
(8) Who keeps the mural: The mural is finally sent to JAM. JAM keeps all the murals and exhibits as many murals as possible in Japan and in the world.
(9) Rights: All rights of IIME murals belong to JAM. It includes the right of exhibition, reproduction and distribution.
Before applying, learn about IIME by reading the following pages.
In order to register, download the Application Form and submit A and B to JAM by email or fax.
A: a form of original WORD data by email
B: a form with a signature of the principal (word, pdf or jpg) by email or fax
Send to: [email] firstname.lastname@example.org [fax] +81-791-43-5640
Download Application Form
If you cannot download this file, please contact JAM <email@example.com>.